To: Business Partners, Government Officials and/or Law Enforcement
This letter is in response to the COVID-19 pandemic that is sweeping across the world. As you are aware, many governments are taking unprecedented measures to control the virus and its impacts.
Tekni-Plex is a supplier of mission-critical goods, materials and components that are integral to the supply chain of products across the medical, pharmaceutical, healthcare, food, and household and industrial sectors which are vital to the health and well-being of individuals worldwide.
Importantly, many of our products are critical to the supply chain of products which are essential in the fight against COVID-19 and the sustenance of life. For example, our manufacturing plants produce the following mission-critical products:
- liners for use in COVID-19 testing kits
- medical compounds and medical tubing used to make respirators
- medical tubing for IV drug delivery products
- sterilizable packaging for safe transport of medical devices
- injection molded tubes for flu diagnostics
- films to package solid oral dose drugs
- vials, bottles and containers for vaccines and single and multi-dose drugs
- food packaging for products like meat and eggs
- components used to dispense hand sanitizer and antibacterial soap
Without the production and distribution of these products, and many of the other products we manufacture to these critical industries and sectors, we risk seeing widespread shortages of these essential healthcare, food and daily-use products across the United States and worldwide.
Because the continued operation of our facilities is critical to these sectors, we have determined that our operations constitute an “Essential Business” under various governmental orders and we plan to continue operating in due course in compliance with such orders.
This means that our employees and contractors may permissably leave their homes to work at our plants and other facilities.