Careers at Tekni-Plex
Between August 1, 2019 and October 31, 2019, both current employees and new hires may be eligible for added benefits from referrals through increased referral bonuses (for current Tekni-Plex employees) and through sign-on bonuses (for new hires in select open positions)! For full details and to see if you qualify for this program, please scroll to the bottom of this page and check out the Limited-Time Offer section!
Remaining Time for Extra Referral Bonus
Internal Employee Referral Program (US)
Did you know that Tekni-Plex offers current employees an opportunity to act as a talent ambassador for the company, while receiving a monetary reward? Through the Tekni-Plex Employee Referral Program, you can receive up to $6,000 annually in referral awards. Below, we outline the eligibility and application process. Employees are also encouraged to speak to their Human Resource Manager for additional details or answers to questions they might have.
How to Participate
The referred candidate should apply via the Tekni-Careers website and select “Employee Referral” as their source, with the name of the Tekni-Plex employee who referred them in the field provided. If they are hired within 12 months of the application, remain in good performance and attendance standing during their first 6 months of employment, and meet the below Referred Candidate Eligibility, the current Tekni-Plex employee will receive the relevant award amount after 6 months of service from the newly hired employee!
Hourly Positions: $500
Exempt Positions: $1,500
Current Employee Eligibility
All active full- and part-time US employees at the time of referral and award payment date are eligible to participate. Additionally, effective August 1, 2019, we have modified the eligibility requirements and immediate relatives are now eligible to participate in this program.
The following individuals are not eligible to participate:
- Members of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT).
- Employees whose job functions include recruiting or Human Resources.
- Supervisors and managers and any leaders in the direct management hierarchy responsible for managing the position.
- Employees on leave of any type.
Referred Employee Eligibility
The following candidates are not eligible:
- Individuals with an active resume/profile on Tekni-Plex’s Applicant Tracking System in the 12 months prior to ERP submission.
- Interns, vendors, temps, contractors, or consultants who are currently employed by Tekni-Plex or have been employed by Tekni-Plex in the past 12 months.
- Interns now being hired as regular full-time employees.
- Former Tekni-Plex employees.
- Former employees separated due to a divestiture and subject to the employment terms in the divestiture agreement.
An employee cannot earn more than $6,000 annually in referral awards. No more than $1,500 will be paid for any single referral that results in a hire. The Senior Director, Global Talent Management and Learning will resolve any eligibility issues that arise during this process. Employees will learn of their referral’s status only if the referred candidate is hired for the position for which they were referred within a 12-month period.
For External Candidates
From August 1, 2019 until October 31, 2019, current Tekni-Plex employees will be eligible to receive a referral bonus of $1,500 for referring experienced Dolco Packaging Machine Operators. The referral bonus is to be paid to the referring employee after six (6) months of employment from the referral.
For External Candidates
Any experienced Machine Operator who accepts an offer from Dolco Packaging in Tekni-Plex between August 1, 2019 and October 31, 2019, will be eligible to receive a $500 sign-on bonus. The sign-on bonus is to be paid to the new employee after three (3) months of service to Tekni-Plex.
Terms and Conditions
- Employee referrals must meet all standard criteria of an employee referral (detailed in the Current and Referred Employee Eligibility sections above).
- Qualifying for the Referral Bonus is dependent upon the application for the candidate being received between August 1, 2019 and October 31, 2019. Applications received before the start date or after the end date will not qualify for this offer, but may qualify for the standard Employee Referral Bonus.
- The only openings that qualify for this offer are experienced Machine Operator positions, defined as a Production Operator II or higher. This offer is exclusive to the Dolco Packaging business unit of Tekni-Plex.